Whoomp there it is
December’s a cop-out because I’m bogged down this month. May and June were primarily thesis and freelance art months, so those thumbnails don’t really make sense.
This year I learned:
- how to cut back on lens flare after my professors called me “J.J. Abrams Junior”
- how to cut back on orange and pink color palettes (sort of) (not really)
- how to be comfortable with digital sketching and lineart
- how to better fill the canvas instead of cropping to save the composition
Next year I want to work on:
- not drawing terribly boring poses, stock expressions, and big meaty fingers
- letting go of my Factory-Clean OSHA-Approved Lineart, being okay with messy stuff
- getting better at digital, but also getting better at different types of traditional
- actually working in a sketchbook every day! I want cool sketchbooks.
#I also want to do more original stuff and get more bgs in my portfolio #I have this problem where half of me wants to be messy and folksy #and the other half wants to stick to clean hirable technical draftsmanship #ugh well here's to improving #got a long way to go but its so much fun to be a working artist